- Project: Davinci’s Donuts, Dawsonville, Georgia, Dawson County
- Address: 145 Dawson Forest Rd. E Suite 455 Dawsonville, Georgia 30534
- Phone: (706) 974-8562
- Size: 1,200 sq. ft.
- Time: 4 days
- Unusual Factors: It seemed like when they ran plumbing under the building, concrete that looked and felt different than the rest of the floor was applied in those areas. Since the floors had a different texture we filled the joints and cracks before and after coating the concrete floor.
Honing and Sealing Concrete Dawson County, Georgia Process
1. First, Southern States Refinishing used 30/40 grit diamonds to hone the floor. Diamonds are used to grind concrete floors smooth.
2. Next, a two inch cove base was hand applied. This is used to create a smooth transition between the wall and floor to meet inspection qualifications that restaurants need to follow.
3. After allowing the cove base to cure over night, epoxy was applied in the kitchen, over the cove base and the concrete floor.
4. Then, clear sealer was applied in the dining room. Sealer is used to protect the floor from everyday wear and tear. It is great for concrete floors that may have heavy foot traffic or when heavy equipment is going to be used in that area.
5. Lastly, Southern States applied a top coat to the epoxy in the kitchen and applied flakes to give the concrete floors a great, distinguished look.
Final Result: An economical, smooth, and durable floor that will not cause dust, is appealing to the eye and simple to clean.
Products Used to Hone and Seal for Davinci's Donuts Concrete Floors
Diamond Grinding: Removes surface irregularities and creates a smooth surface. This gives concrete floors a great, smooth look at an extremely affordable price.
CTM Two Component Epoxy: This adds long-term durability to concrete floors and has the capability to fill gaps to rid any imperfections.
Key Resin Top Coat Urethane: Abrasion, chemical, and stain resistant so you don’t need to worry about spills of any kind damaging your beautiful new concrete floors. Additionally, this product meets federal and state environmental air quality standards.
Key Resin Cove Paste (two component with sand added): Provides seamless floor to wall protection to meet health inspection qualifications.
Flakes: Adds a unique textured look to epoxy coated floors, as well as provides some slip resistance for safety.
Services Included For Davinci’s Donuts in Dawsonville Georgia:
- Grind & Seal
- Epoxy Coatings
About Southern States Refinishing
Southern States Refinishing has been serving the North Georgia area since 1980. Providing concrete floor solutions such as polishing, epoxy, and staining, also known as decorative concrete for over 20 years to commercial and residential buildings. We are located in Cumming, Georgia in the middle of Forsyth County and serve the surrounding areas of Hall, Milton, and Dawson County.
CALL TODAY FOR YOUR FREE QUOTE!
Give Us a Like!