Epoxy flooring makes an ideal flooring option for businesses and municipalities. So when Gwinett County Georgia needed new floors for Fire Station #30, the concrete experts at AAA Southern States Refinishing were ready to add their professional expertise to the project.
Gwinnett County Epoxy Flooring Project for Fire Station #30
Client: Gwinnett County Fire Station #30
General Contractor: CRS Construction, Atlanta Georgia Division
Epoxy Flooring Contractor: AAA Southern States Refinishing. Owner, John Dykes.
Location: Gwinnett County GA
Project Size: 2,200 square feet
Project Requirements: Application of epoxy floor coating to bathroom & shower areas.
Scope of Municipal Epoxy Floor Project
Concrete contractor applied Tnemec epoxy quartz floor to all bathroom and shower areas at the fire station in Gwinnett County, Georgia. The installation steps included:
1) Shot blast all concrete to ensure proper surface profile for the flooring project.
2) Mix epoxy and quartz in proper quantities for beauty and long-lasting durability.
3) Application of epoxy quartz mixture by hand to create a 6-inch cove base.
4) Next, the crew smoothed the concrete with cove trowel.
5) Pour epoxy at 1 mils and then broadcast quartz to rejection.
6) Clean all loose quartz.
7) After cleaning, the concrete crew followed with a second broadcast of quartz.
8) Next, light sanding and application of Tnemec high solids urethane to seal and protect the epoxy floors.
Time to Completion of Project: 5 days with a 3 man crew
Project Challenges: Reset all improperly set floor drains for proper drainage throughout the property. Crew worked late nights to meet construction schedule in a timely manner.
AAA Southern States used Tnemec epoxy floor coatings with quartz flakes along with high solid urethane sealant. Their commercial product line includes more than 20 different varieties of epoxy floor coatings, sealants, primers and topcoats. The manufacturer is well known for offering flooring options that are easy to clean, seamless and durable for every industry.
To learn more about the benefits of epoxy flooring for your home or business, give us a call at 770.355.2453 or contact us here.