- Project: Quartz flooring at Chemence Medical in Alpharetta, Georgia.
- Address: 1121 Alderman Dr. Alpharetta Ga,30005
- Project Size: approx. 10,000 Sq. Ft.
- Product used: 245 gallons of CTM epoxy and 4,000 pounds of ceramic quartz
- Time: 6 days
- Unusual Factors: A lot of glue removal was required because the previous flooring was carpet. In order to remove all the glue Southern States Refinishing soaked the floor with water and then used a grinder with PCD (Polycrystalline Diamonds).
Chemence Medical: Quartz Flooring
Step 1: As mentioned above there was intense glue removal before our team could start the quartz process. Southern States Refinishing also used 16/20’s (one of the roughest diamonds) to finish getting the glue up. It took about a day and half to get all of it off of the concrete floor.
Step 2: Next, our team made repairs to the concrete using bondo and self leveling cement. We filled cracks, contraction joints, and nail holes.
Step 3: After making repairs to the concrete the floor was ready to be ground smooth. We used our 700 pound grinder with 70 grit diamonds for this step.
Step 4: As you can imagine grinding concrete can get extremely dusty! We cleaned up all the dust and it was finally time to apply the first coat of epoxy. Once the epoxy was down we tossed in the quartz. This process is very similar to applying flakes in epoxy which is popular in garages for homeowners.
If you are interested in epoxy flake for you garage Southern States Refinishing provides FREE quotes throughout all of North Georgia. Click here to learn more!
Step 5: After allowing the first coat of epoxy to dry we applied another coat and tossed in more quartz.
Step 6: Lastly, we applied a clear coat of epoxy on the final day. This helps protect the concrete floor coating so that Chemence Medical in Alpharetta, Ga can enjoy their quartz concrete floor for years to come!
A lovely epoxy quartz floor at Chemence Medical in Alpharetta, Georgia. Concrete floor coatings are great because they are easy to clean, require little maintenance, and they have non-slip additives!
Chemence Medical: 1121 Alderman Dr. Alpharetta Ga, 30005